Log Out | Member Center



Find claims paid by the state crime victims board online

  • Published Monday, May 13, 2013, at 5:46 a.m.

Each Monday, The Eagle highlights a government record that is available to the public. Open records help people keep government in check and help them better understand how government affects their lives.

For a complete list of You Oughta Know columns, go to www.kansas.com/oughta.

The record: Information about claims paid by the Kansas Crime Victims Compensation Board.

Why you’d want it: To learn more about one part of the cost of crime in Kansas.

Where you get it: The board’s annual reports are online at the Kansas attorney general’s website, www.ag.ks.gov. Click on the “Victim Services” menu at the top of the page and then on the “Victim Compensation” link. Annual reports go back to 2007.

How much does it cost: The information is free.

Deb Gruver

Subscribe to our newsletters

The Wichita Eagle welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views. Please see our commenting policy for more information.

Have a news tip? You can send it to wenews@wichitaeagle.com.

Search for a job


Top jobs