Log Out | Member Center

50°F

50°/38°

Fire damages house near Lawrence-Dumont Stadium

  • The Wichita Eagle
  • Published Tuesday, May 7, 2013, at 7:45 a.m.

Fire damaged a house near the Arkansas River early Tuesday morning, authorities said.

The fire was reported at 4:09 a.m. at 432 S. Osage, a Sedgwick County dispatch supervisor said. That’s southwest of Maple and Sycamore, near Lawrence-Dumont Stadium.

Fire crews needed only a few minutes to put out the fire. The Red Cross was called out to assist three adults and one child who lived in the three-bedroom house in the Delano neighborhood.

Lt. Joe Evans said the fire was started by a candle left burning. The blaze caused an estimated $40,000 damage to the house and contents.

Reach Stan Finger at 316-268-6437 or sfinger@wichitaeagle.com.

Subscribe to our newsletters

The Wichita Eagle welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views. Please see our commenting policy for more information.

Have a news tip? You can send it to wenews@wichitaeagle.com or consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Wichita Eagle.

Search for a job

in

Top jobs