Log Out | Member Center

60°F

76°/58°

Fire marshal: No financial loss in TreatCo fire

  • The Wichita Eagle
  • Published Friday, April 12, 2013, at 4:51 p.m.

Thursday’s two-alarm fire at the TreatCo building complex didn’t result in any financial loss, Wichita Fire Marshal Brad Crisp said Friday.

Crisp said the fire was in the same area that was damaged by fire in June 2011.

“No repairs had been made since then,” Crisp said, “so I’m putting it at zero dollars.”

While the fire of two years ago smoldered for 10 days, Crisp said the few remaining smolder spots from Thursday’s fire should be out by Friday.

The fire was set accidentally when sparks from welding equipment ignited combustible materials and the building’s Styrofoam insulation, fire officials said.

TreatCo, which is in the 2300 block of North Broadway, makes pet treats.

Subscribe to our newsletters

The Wichita Eagle welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views. Please see our commenting policy for more information.

Have a news tip? You can send it to wenews@wichitaeagle.com or consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Wichita Eagle.

Search for a job

in

Top jobs