A 35-year-old man charged with attempted first-degree murder in the shootings of two deputies earlier this month has been released from the hospital and taken to jail, Sedgwick County sheriff’s Lt. David Mattingly said Tuesday.
Sedgwick County jail booking records show Jason C. Perez is held in the facility’s clinic. Mattingly confirmed Perez was transferred about 5 p.m. Monday from Wesley Medical Center, where he was under guard and recovering from critical injuries sustained in a March 11 shootout with law enforcement near Potwin.
An update on his condition was not immediately available, Mattingly said.
Perez and his co-defendant, 26-year-old Clara C. Crosser, face multiple charges in connection with the three-county car chase and shootout, including attempted murder, aggravated assault, fleeing from law enforcement and criminal damage to property.Each is being held in lieu of a $1 million bond. Their preliminary hearings are set for Thursday in Sedgwick County District Court.