Fire damaged a house in west Wichita late Wednesday night, authorities said.
The fire was reported just before 11 p.m. at 422 N. Clayton, a Sedgwick County dispatch supervisor said. That’s northwest of Second and Meridian.
It took firefighters less than 20 minutes to put out the fire. No injuries were reported, the supervisor said, but the Red Cross was called out to assist the family that lived in the small, two-bedroom house that was built in 1941.
Fire Lt. Joe Evans said an investigation revealed an electrical malfunction ignited the fire. Damage was estimated at $35,000 to the house and its contents.