Wichita is accepting applications through Feb. 11 for the 2013 neighborhood cleanup program year.
The year will be affected by new regulations and funding levels, city officials said, with some funding being reduced to help deal with a shortfall in the citys bus system. Neighborhood officials can access new guidelines and the project application at www.wichita.gov or by contacting one of the following neighborhood assistants:
• District I: LaShonda Garnes at 316-303-8017 or email@example.com
• District II: Megan Buckmaster at 316-268-4351 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• District III: Janet Johnson at 316-303-8029 or email@example.com
• District IV: Kelli Geier at 316-303-8008 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• District V: Megan Buckmaster at 316-268-4351 or email@example.com
• District VI: Terri Dozal at 316-303-8041 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The city helps fund neighborhood cleanups annually, including funding for equipment and disposal fees. Projects can be anything from one- to two-block cleanups to larger projects. The annual cleanups began more than a quarter-century ago for citizens to discard bulky waste, clean vacant lots and alleys and otherwise clean up their areas.