Log Out | Member Center

96°F

98°/71°

Angelo's won't open in former Barrier's space, but another business may

  • Have You Heard?
  • Published Thursday, Nov. 15, 2012, at 12:45 p.m.
  • Updated Thursday, Nov. 15, 2012, at 1:13 p.m.

WICHITA — Angelo's won't be opening in the former Barrier's space at Douglas and Oliver after all.

"I never was positive that we were opening there," says Gina Fasciano-Hogan. "It was actually way premature that that was mentioned at all."

Fasciano-Hogan had been speaking with someone who had hoped to buy the building but didn't succeed.

"That's how premature it was."

She still wants to reopen her family's popular restaurant, though.

"We still want to, yes, and would like to stay in the College Hill area," Fasciano-Hogan says. "I'm still in the planning stages."

She says she's working on a business plan and should be ready to do something in about six months.

"Hopefully when the time comes, something will be available in that area."

Something else now appears to be planned for the former Barrier’s space.

According to a staff report for the Metropolitan Area Planning Commission, Joan M. Aboud and W.G. Farha II are applying for a conditional use permit to tear down a duplex near the property for parking. They also have plans to tear down a building behind the former Barrier's building but don't need permission for that because it's already zoned for neighborhood retail.

(more…)

Subscribe to our newsletters

The Wichita Eagle welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views. Please see our commenting policy for more information.

Have a news tip? You can send it to wenews@wichitaeagle.com.

Search for a job

in

Top jobs