Opportunities to vote ahead of the Nov. 6 general election continue to increase. Advance voting in person will expand to 15 additional sites in Sedgwick County starting Tuesday.
Voters have been able to cast ballots at the county’s election office, 510 N. Main, Suite 101, since Oct. 24. Voters can still go to that office this week, as well as from 8 a.m. until noon Nov. 5, but the office won’t be open Saturday.
As of shortly before noon Monday, 1,429 people had voted in the office, Election Commissioner Tabitha Lehman said.
The number of advance ballots mailed out has already exceeded what Sedgwick County saw in the last presidential election year. The election office has mailed 74,600 ballots – nearly 1,900 more than were mailed in 2008, when the county had a nearly 75 percent turnout.
Almost 38,800 of the mailed ballots have been returned to the election office so far. The county has about 272,000 registered voters.
Wednesday is the last day the election office will mail advance voting applications, and Friday is the last day the office will mail advance voting ballots. Get an advance voting application from the election office or online at www.sedgwickcounty.org/elections. Fill it out and fax or mail it to the election office.
The advance ballots must be in the election office by 7 p.m. Nov. 6.
Where and when to vote in advance
You can vote at the election office, 510 N. Main, Suite 101, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday this week, and from 8 a.m. until noon Monday, Nov. 5.
You can vote at an advance voting center from noon to 7 p.m. Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, from noon to 5 p.m. Wednesday and from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday. Here are the locations:
• Bel Aire City Building, 7651 E. Central Park, Bel Aire
• Center for Health and Wellness, 2707 E. 21st St.
• Church of the Holy Spirit, 18218 W. U.S. 54, Goddard
• First United Methodist Church, 560 N. Park, Valley Center
• Grace Presbyterian Church, 5002 E. Douglas
• Greenwich Road Church of Christ, 1746 S. Greenwich Rd
• Haysville Activity Center, 7106 S. Broadway
• Independent Living Resource Center, 3033 W. Second St.
• Machinist Building, 3830 S. Meridian (1 to 4 p.m. Saturday)
• Reformation Lutheran Church Parish Hall, 7601 E. 13th St.
• Sedgwick County Zoo Cargill Learning Center, 5555 Zoo Blvd.
• Sharon Baptist Church, 2221 S. Oliver
• St. Andrew’s Lutheran Church, 2555 Hyacinth
• Westlink Church of Christ, 10025 W. Central
• Woodlawn United Methodist Church, 431 S. Woodlawn, Derby
For more information, call the election office at 316-660-7100 or visit www.sedgwickcounty.org/elections.
Vote in person at the Butler County Election Office, 205 W. Central, Suite 205, in El Dorado, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily through Friday and from 8 a.m. to noon Monday .
Vote in person at the Harvey County Community Room in the basement of the courthouse, 800 N. Main, Newton. Polls are open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. through Friday; from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday; and from 8 a.m. to noon Monday.
Vote in person at the Sumner County Clerk’s Office, 501 N. Washington, Room 101, Wellington, beginning Tuesday. Polls are open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. through Friday and from 8 a.m. to noon Monday.