Over the years, residents in the 900 block of Porter in Wichita's Riverside neighborhood noticed one anothers creativity and said they should have a block art show someday. Well, someday will arrive Oct. 20, when at least 10 artists and crafters from Porter and around the corner will be displaying their creations.
The event, Porter Street Artists and Friends, will be from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 941 Porter. One resident who has long aspired to own a tea room will brew tea, and the artists will bring hot cider and treats, said Joann Ryan, who is organizing the event. Her own art whimsical Metal Mama sculptures and acrylic paintings will be part of the show.
Here is a lineup of the other artists:
• Damon and Romona: stained-glass lamps and picture frames
• Nancy Dinell: jewelry and pottery
• Zoe Meulbroek: watercolors
• Jo Quillin Tomson: whimsical seasonal paintings
• Sara Blackmon: painted furniture, objets dart and pastel paintings
• Angie Matej: watercolor paintings and stained glass pictures
• Angela Porter: fun crocheted hats
• Stephen Perry: books and card packets featuring his Flint Hills artistry
• Vi Jones: needlework including crochet, quilts, gift items and baby layette items