Log Out | Member Center



How to contact police leaders

  • Published Monday, Sep. 24, 2012, at 7:06 a.m.
  • Updated Monday, Sep. 24, 2012, at 2:35 p.m.

Each Monday, The Eagle highlights a government record that is available to the public. Open records help people keep government in check and help them better understand how government affects their lives.

For a complete list of You Oughta Know columns, go to www.kansas.com/oughta.

The record: Names and contact information for Wichita Police Department supervisors, broken down by patrol bureau.

Why you’d want it: To know who is working in your neighborhood and how to reach them. The list includes supervisors by shift and community policing and Special Community Action Team supervisors.

Where you get it: Go to the city’s website, www.wichita.gov. Click on the “Police Department” link from the “City Offices” menu. Then click on the patrol bureau links on the right-hand side of the page.

How much the record will cost: The information is free.

Deb Gruver

Subscribe to our newsletters

The Wichita Eagle welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views. Please see our commenting policy for more information.

Have a news tip? You can send it to wenews@wichitaeagle.com.

Search for a job


Top jobs