“ The Yard” by Alex Grecian (G.P. Putnam’s Sons, $26.95) In the wake of Jack the Ripper murders, Sir Edward Bradford, the Commissioner of Police, creates a special team of detectives tasked with solving murders. This works relatively well, until the members of the Murder Squad start turning up dead. Weaving intricate plots and impeccable historical detail, “The Yard” focuses on the depravity of late Victorian London and the advent of criminology, while introducing a cast of unforgettable characters.
“American Grown: The Story of the White House Kitchen Garden and Gardens Across America” by Michelle Obama (Crown, $30) In 2009, First Lady Michelle Obama planted a kitchen garden on the White House South Lawn. “American Grown” is the story of that garden, from first planting through harvest time. Not only a book of reflections by Mrs. Obama, this book is filled with pictures, recipes from the White House, and stories about the White House garden as well as other gardens from around the country.
1. "Fifty Shades of Grey" by E.L. James
2. "Fifty Shades Darker" by E.L. James
3. "Nothing Daunted" by Dorothy Wickenden
4. "The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Food From My Frontier" by Ree Drummond
5. "Fifty Shades Freed" by E.L. James
6. "When the Sirens Were Silent" by Mike Smith
7. "The Uninvited Guests" by Sadie Jones
8. "Wichita" by Thad Ziolkowski
9. "Caleb’s Crossing" by Geraldine Brooks
10. "Wolf Hall" by Hilary Mantel
Source: Watermark Books & Cafe