Log Out | Member Center



Which public buildings allow concealed guns?

  • Published Monday, March 12, 2012, at 10:44 a.m.

Each Monday, The Eagle highlights a government record that is available to the public. Open records help people keep government in check and help them better understand how government affects their lives.

For a complete list of You Oughta Know columns, go to www.kansas.com/oughta.

The record: List of city- and county-owned buildings that allow conceal-carry guns.

Why you’d want it: To learn more about where guns are allowed.

Where you get the records: For city buildings, go to the city’s website, www.wichita.gov. Click on the “Which City Facilities Allow Conceal Carry” link under the “City Spotlight” menu. For county buildings, go to www.sedgwickcounty.org and search “conceal carry” in the search engine.

How much it will cost: The information is free.

Deb Gruver

Subscribe to our newsletters

The Wichita Eagle welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views. Please see our commenting policy for more information.

Have a news tip? You can send it to wenews@wichitaeagle.com.

Search for a job


Top jobs