Viewing Wichita-area holiday lights by limo, party bus, trolley or plane may be just the thing to add some pizzazz to your Christmas – or your gift-giving.
Consider the many options that can help you see the seasonal shine from a different vantage.
Many of the tours already are booked on weekends but still have weekday openings. Call for availability.
• Artistic Limousine gives two-hour light tours from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. or 8:30 to 10:30 p.m. daily through the week after Christmas. The company is closed Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year’s Eve. Weekday tours are still available. Prices vary with package deals. A weeknight tour for 10 passengers, for example, costs $215, including a tip for the driver. Cars available include a Lincoln Town Car, 16-passenger Expedition and 20-passenger Excursion. Call 316-688-5100 or visit www.360wichita.com/Transportation/ArtisticLimousine.html.
• Eagle Limousine offers two-hour light tours from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. or 8:30 to 10:30 p.m. through Dec. 30. They’re open on Christmas Eve and closed Christmas Day. Discounts are available on their website. Prices vary, with package deals. Cars available include a Cadillac limousine, 10- to 15-passenger executive vans and a 20-passenger Hummer. Call 316-390-LIMO or visit eaglelimousine.net.
• All Class Limo offers unique packages that include themes and character drivers by request. Available cars include sedan and stretch Town Cars. Cars accommodate four to 14 passengers. Limited tours are offered on Christmas Eve.
Quentin Shackelford, All Class Limo president, said the company will offer light tours until New Year’s Eve.
“It’s easier for some to get together after the holidays, when there’s not as much hustle and bustle,” he said.
Call 316-573-3335 or visit www.all-classlimo.com.
Party bus tours
• Party Express Bus offers two-hour light tours. They will not be running tours on Christmas or Christmas Eve, but will run tours Dec. 26. Packages are available accommodating 25 to 45 passengers with a variety of executive buses. Call 316-943-4FUN or visit www.partyexpressbus.com.
• Unified Party Bus offers two-hour light tours from 5:45 to 7:45 p.m. or 8:15 to 10:15 p.m. through Dec. 30. Buses seating 22 to 45 passengers are available starting at $280. For the first year, the company is offering tours on Christmas and Christmas Eve, owner Ivan Moore said. Food and drink are allowed on the bus during a tour. Call 316-755-IVAN or visit www.unifiedpartybus.com.
• River City Trolley and Charters offers one-and-a-half-hour light tours starting from 6 to 7:30 p.m. through Friday. The trolleys, which seat 28 people, pick up at Ridge and 21st at the Sedgwick County Extension Office. Hot apple cider and gingerbread cookies are served en route. Car seats and carriers are not allowed. The rate is $15 per person. Special rates are available to rent the trolley, such as a two-hour tour starting at $300. Call 316-773-1931 or visit rctrolley.com.
• See Christmas lights from an aerial perspective with City Sky Lights, 1980 S. Airport Road, from the seat of a twin-engine Piper Aztec. Holiday Flights are offered on Christmas and Christmas Eve. A 30-minute flight for up to five passengers is $150. For more information, contact 316-737-9212 or visit www.cityskylights.com.