Log Out | Member Center



See licenses issued by the city of Wichita

  • Published Monday, Nov. 21, 2011, at 6:01 a.m.

Each Monday, The Eagle highlights a government record that is available to the public. Open records help citizens keep government in check and help them better understand how government affects their lives.

For a complete list of You Oughta Know columns, go to www.kansas.com/oughta.

The record: A list of the types of licenses granted by the city of Wichita. The city’s website says that the first official action taken by its council in 1871 was to issue a license for a "dram shop," or liquor store.

Why you’d want it: To learn more about what types of industries are regulated by the city.

Where you get the records: Go to the city’s website, www.wichita.gov. From the “How Do I?” menu on the middle of the home page, scroll down to the bottom and click on the “Business Licenses” link.

How much it will cost: The information is free.

Deb Gruver

Subscribe to our newsletters

The Wichita Eagle welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views. Please see our commenting policy for more information.

Have a news tip? You can send it to wenews@wichitaeagle.com.

Search for a job


Top jobs