Fall events calendar (Oct. 16)
Cambridge Market Fall Festival Trunk-or-Treat, noon to 3 p.m. Oct. 22 at Cambridge Market, 9747 E. 21st St. Trick-or-treat out of decorated vehicle trunks. A $200 cash prize for best decorated trunk. All ages. Free. Information, 316-636-1277.
Trunk or Treat and Chili Cook-off, 6 to 8:30 p.m. Oct. 21 at East Heights United Methodist Church, 4407 E. Douglas. Trick-or-treat in costume, fun and games. Decorate your trunk and hand out candy. Chili cook-off with prizes. All ages. Free, $5 donation for chili tasting. Information, www.ehumc.org.
Pumpkin painting, 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. Oct. 22 at Rockwell Public Library, 5939 E. Ninth St. Bring your own pumpkin to decorate a masterpiece. Ages 5-12. Registration is required and begins Wednesday. Call 316-688-9361.
Make-and-take jack-o-lantern, 1:30 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 24 at Orchard Park Branch Library, 4808 E. Ninth St. Create your own paper jack-o-lantern. Ages 4 to 10. Free. Information, 316-337-9084.
Night of the Living Zoo, 6:30 p.m. Oct. 28 at Sedgwick County Zoo, 5555 W. Zoo Blvd. Games and displays. Costumes encouraged. All ages. Tickets available at QuikTrip, $6 in advance at gate for members, $8 for nonmembers. Children 2 and under free. Information at www.scz.org.
Halloween Trick-or-Treating at Old Cowtown Museum, 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Oct. 29 at Old Cowtown Museum, 1865 W. Museum Blvd. Hay, Hooves and Halloween! will offer trick-or-treating, costume contests with prizes, pumpkin decorating, stories and games in a family-friendly setting. $7.75 adults, $6.50 seniors (62 and older), $6 youth (12 to 17), $5.50 children (4 to 11), museum members and children under 4 free. Information, 316-219-1871.
Fall at the Ranch, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Oct. 29, Four Points Ranch, 2900 SW 80th in Augusta. $6 general admission or $12 for Kiddie Corral admission. Information, www.fourpointspettingzoo.com.
Pie Spooktacular Run, 6 to 10 a.m. Oct. 29 at Walters Pumpkin Patch, 10001 NW Hwy. 77, El Dorado. 5 and 1K runs. All ages. $10 admittance. Information, 316-320-4150.
Tricks, Treats and Tales, 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. Oct. 29 at Lionel D. Alford Branch Library, 3447 S. Meridian. Storytelling with costumes. Ages 7 to 10. Free. Information, 316-337-9119.
Halloween Party for teens, 2:30 to 4 p.m. Oct. 29 at Central Wichita Public Library, 223 S. Main. Dress up for a spooky Halloween party complete with tricks and treats. For ages 12-17. Information, 316-261-8500.
Boo & Brew Bash 10, 7 p.m. Oct. 29 at Beech Activity Center, 9710 E. Central. Dress for Success Wichitas largest fundraiser. Beer tastings, food and drink, silent auction, music by Lucky People, costume and dance contests. Attendees receive a commemorative mug. Ages 21 and up. Tickets $75 at booandbrew.org or by phone at 316-945-8779.
Trick-or-Treat Street, shows at 7 p.m. Oct. 28; 10 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. Oct. 29; and 2 and 4:30 p.m. Oct. 30 at Wichita Childrens Theatre and Dance Center, 201 S. Lulu St. Each show followed by trick-or-treat in costume, music, Soapy the Clown, games and entertainment. Kids 10 and under. Some shows include pizza. Tickets $5.50 to $7. Information 316-262-2282.
Hallelujah Party Trunk-or-Treat, 5 to 8 p.m. Oct. 30 at WestSide Christian Church, 1819 W. Douglas. Trick-or-treat out of decorated vehicle trunks, games and crafts. Hot dogs for sale. All ages. Free. Information, 316-263-5269.
Boo at the Zoo, 4 p.m. Oct. 31 at Hutchinson Zoo, 6 Emerson Loop East, Hutchinson. Dress in costume and trick-or-treat at the zoo. All ages. Free. Information, 620-694-2693.
Haunted houses, etc.
* Fields of Fear, 7:30 to 11 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays through Oct. 30 at Cox Farm, 6059 S. Seneca. Includes a haunted corn maze, fair grounds and dark-side hayride. Admission is $13 for fairgrounds and hayride, $19 for all three events. For more information, call 316-733-8909 or 316-761-5029 or visit www.coxfarms.com/fear.
* Field of Screams and Clown Town, 7 to 11:30 p.m. weekends Oct. 1 through Halloween at Prairie Pines, 4055 N. Tyler Road. Tours begin at sundown. Admission is $15 (one event), $20 (both events) or $25 and $30 for fast passes. For more information, call 316-303-2037 or visit www.scaryprairiepines.com.
* Forest of Fear, weekend evenings through October, 7446 51st Road, Udall. Mile-long haunted pathway and ghost stories with marshmallows around the campfire. Admission is $13 for adults, $8 for children. for more information, visit udallforestoffear.com.
* Haunted Cannery, 7:30-11 p.m. weekends through Oct. 29 at Walters Pumpkin Patch, 10001 NW Hwy. 77, Burns. Tickets are $15 or $20 with the addition of a flashlight maze. For more information, call 316-320-4150.
* House of Terrors, haunted house featuring more than 35,000 square feet of screams, blood, gore and surprises, 2350 N. Maize Road. Open 6:30 p.m.-2 a.m. Fridays and Saturdays as well as some Thursdays and Sundays through October. Also open on Halloween. $28 VIP fast pass or $22 general admission. A $5 coupon is available at area Spangles. For teens and older. For more information, call 316-794-7575 or visit www.thehouseofterrors.com.
* Isle of Screams and haunted train or hayrack ride, 7 to 11 p.m. Thursdays and Sundays, 7 to 11:30 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays during October at Watson Park, 3022 S. McLean Blvd. Walk through a 25-minute-long haunted park. Admission is $15 (includes hayrack ride), $18 (includes train ride), $22 (fast pass and train ride). For more information, call 316-303-2037 or visit www.scaryprairiepines.com.
* Applejack Pumpkin Patch, 10007 SW Indianola Road, Augusta. Includes pumpkin picking, hayrack rides, mazes, a petting zoo, childrens activities, pumpkin cannon and concessions. Open from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Mondays through Fridays, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturdays, noon to 6 p.m. Sundays through October. Admission $6, children 2 and under free. For more information, call 316-733-8909 or 316-761-5029, online at www.applejackpumpkinpatch.com.
* Bergmann Corn Maze, 8401 S. Meridian, Haysville. Open through Nov. 5. from 6 to 11 p.m. Fridays, 10 a.m.-11 p.m. Saturdays and 1-6 p.m. Sundays. Offers a 15-acre maze, pumpkin picking, trailer rides, inflatables, tricycle races, movies and concessions. Admission is $9 for adults, $7 for children ages 5-12, free for ages 4 and under. For more information, visit bergmanncornmaze.com.
* Cox Farm Pumpkin Patch and Corn Maze: 6059 S. Seneca. Open 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily through Halloween. Admission is $6 Mondays through Fridays, $8 Saturdays and Sundays, $10 for the maze only, $12 for both pumpkin patch and maze. For more information, call 316-524-8062 or visit www.coxfarms.com.
* Kansas Maze, 13209 E. 82nd Ave., Buhler. Open 10 p.m. Fridays, 10 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays through Oct. 30 at Gaeddert and Martisko Farms. Attendees can go through 5-acre corn maze and pick pumpkins, enjoy hayrack rides and more. Admission is $8 for adults, $6 for kids ages 4-10, under 4 free. Tickets for activities $1 for one, $9 for 10 and $22 for 25. For more information, call 620-543-3073 or visit kansasmaze.com.
* Munchkin Pumpkin Patch, 1031 N. Hoover Road, Peck: Fall Festival and Halloween pumpkins, Munchkin Pumpkin Patch and Fun Farm. 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays through Saturdays through Oct. 30. Includes a pumpkin patch, wagon rides, farm animals, games, pumpkin slingshot, hay bale maze, mini-golf, concessions and picnic area. Admission is $8 and includes one pumpkin and most activities. Information, munchkinpumpkinpatch.com and 316-209- 6378.
* Walters Pumpkin Patch, 10001 NW Hwy. 77, Burns. Open from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Mondays through Saturdays, 1 to 7 p.m. on Sundays, and includes pumpkin picking, food, a corn maze, games and special events. Tickets are $8 Mondays through Fridays, $10 Saturdays and Sundays. For more information, visit www.walterspumpkinpatch.com or call 316-320-4150.
* Walters Pumpkin Patch, 10001 NW Hwy. 77, Burns. Information, 316-320-4150. Special events, all ages, tickets $10 each: Pickin' at the Patch with 37 Mile Band, 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday. Concert, pumpkin picking and games. All you can carry pumpkins, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Oct. 22. Help yourself to pumpkins, squashes and gourds for $15. Pickin' at the Patch with Jeff Davidson, 1 to 4 p.m. Oct. 22. Davidson sings and gives Kansas history talks, in addition to pumpkin picking and games.
* Bethany Lutheran School's pumpkin patch, Oct. 16 through Oct. 31, opens at 3:30 p.m. on weekdays, 10 a.m. on weekends, Bethany Lutheran School, 1000 W. 26th St. South. Pumpkins for sale, story time, barrel train, tethered hot air balloon rides. Free.
"The Devil Wore Wranglers" and "Halloween Spooktacular," 6:15 p.m. on weekends through Oct. 29 at Mosley Street Melodrama, 234 N. Mosley. Musical comedy, $26 for dinner and show. $16 for show only. Discounts available. All ages. Reservations, 316-263-0222.
"Evil Dead: The Musical," 8 p.m. Thursday-Saturday through Oct. 29 with final 8 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 30, Halloween show. Cabaret Oldtown, 412 1/2 E. Douglas. Spoof of three horror flicks. Doors open at 7. Mature audience only. Tickets $19 call 316-265-4400. Visit Kansas.com/entertainment to read more about this show.
Hutchinson Spooktacular Symphony Concert, 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Oct. 30 at Hutchinson Fox Theatre, 18 E. First Ave., Hutchinson. Classical and contemporary music including selections from Harry Potter, Pirates of the Caribbean and Star Wars. Costumes encouraged. All ages. $20 for adults, $5 for children 18 and under. Tickets, 620-663-1981.
"Musical Comedy Murders of 1940," 8 p.m. Thursday through Saturday, 7 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 20 through Nov. 6 at Wichita Community Theatre, 258 N. Fountain. All ages. Tickets are $12 and $10 for military/seniors/students. $8 on opening night. Reservations, 316-686-1282.
"The Woman in Black," 8 p.m. Thursday through Saturday, 2:30 p.m. Sundays through Oct. 30 at Kechi Playhouse, 100 E. Kechi Road, Kechi. Performance of a classic ghost story. All ages. Tickets $10 Thursday and Sunday, $11 Friday and Saturday. Information, 316-744-2152.
Day of the Dead and memorial ceremonies, 7 to 9 p.m. Oct. 26 at Mid-America All-Indian Center, 650 N. Seneca. Learn how American Indian tribes honor their dead. All ages. Free. Information, 316-350- 3340.
Peek-A-Boo Burlesque Review, 9 p.m. Oct. 29 at Lizard Lounge, 300 S. Greenwich. Costume contest with cash prizes, date auction, karaoke and performances. 21 and up. $3 admittance fee. Information, 785-844-2036.
Triple Feature Horrorfest, 7:30 p.m. Oct. 28-30 at Augusta Theater, 523 State St., Augusta. Watch "Plan 9 from Outer Space," "Night of the Living Dead" and "Darkness." Proceeds go to Kansas Food Bank. Tickets $5. Information 316-775- 2900.
Submit your fall event for our seasonal listing
Submit information about your fall event or attraction haunted houses, fall community festivals, Oktoberfest shindigs, etc. to be considered for our autumn events listing. We'll publish it in October Arts & Leisure sections.
Submit your listing for free on our GO! Events searchable calendar at events.kansas.com.
Be sure to select "Holiday" as your main category.
Please include as much information about the event as possible. Missing information will cause the event to be considered incomplete.
The deadline to be included in each week's calendar is 5 p.m. the previous Tuesday. Olivia Burress and Lori O'Toole Buselt
© 2011 Wichita Eagle and wire service sources. All Rights Reserved. http://www.kansas.com