Log Out | Member Center



Foodborne illness reports available online

  • Published Monday, Oct. 3, 2011, at 12:09 a.m.

Each Monday, The Eagle highlights a government record that is available to the public. Open records help people keep government in check and help them better understand how government affects their lives.

For a complete list of You Oughta Know columns, go to www.kansas.com/oughta.

The record: Investigative reports about outbreaks of illnesses in Kansas such as flu, salmonella and norovirus.

Why you'd want them: To learn more about sicknesses due to foodborne illnesses and other health care concerns.

Where you get the records: From the Kansas Department of Health and Environment's website, www.kdheks.gov/epi/outbreaks.htm.

How much it will cost: The information is free.

— Deb Gruver

Subscribe to our newsletters

The Wichita Eagle welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views. Please see our commenting policy for more information.

Have a news tip? You can send it to wenews@wichitaeagle.com.

Search for a job


Top jobs