Going out? Where to go for free kids mealsBY DENISE NEIL
The Wichita Eagle
School is back in session, which means that busy parents likely will find themselves facing evenings where they just don't want to face the kitchen.
On those nights, it's helpful to know which restaurants in town are willing to feed kids for free.
Following is a night-by-night guide to 10 restaurants that offer the ultimate deals for young diners.
Most of the deals are good for dine-in only and apply only if parents are paying for a meal for themselves.
Did we miss one worth mentioning? Look below for instructions on adding to this list.
* Famous Dave's BBQ, 9719 E. 21st St., 316-630-9393: One child age 12 or under eats free with any adult entree purchased all day on Mondays.
* Huhot, 2035 N. Rock Road, 316-558-3630: Children 12 and under eat free with the purchase of an adult meal and beverage after 4 p.m. on Mondays.
* Pacific Coast Pizza, 7718 E. 37th St. North, 316-201-4743: Parents who order one adult meal qualify for one free kid's meal. A medium pizza order qualifies for two free kids meals. And a large pizza order qualifies for three free kids meals. Child choices include two-topping pizzas, lasagna, chicken fingers, chicken wings and more. The deal is good from 4 to midnight for ages 12 and under.
* Planet Sub, 3526 N. Rock Road, 316-682-7782, and 11333 E. Kellogg, 316-683-9100: Ages 10 and under eat free with the purchase of an adult meal all day on Mondays.
* Shorty Small's, 12112 W. Maple, 316-773-0900: Kids 12 and under eat free from the kids menu after 4 p.m. on Mondays, and Shorty Small's allows two kids to eat per one paying adult. Choices include chicken, catfish, macaroni and cheese, corn dogs, pizza and more.
* Green Mill Restaurant, 549 S. Rock Road, 316-687-6455: Children 12 and under can get one free child's meal per adult meal purchased from 4 to 7 p.m. on Tuesdays.
* Jason's Deli, 7447 W. 21st St., 316-721-4993, and 2000 N. Rock Road, 316-636-4447: Children 12 and under eat free with a paying adult from 5 to 10 p.m. on Tuesdays. Options include peanut butter and jelly, macaroni and cheese, pepperoni pizza, spaghetti, chicken Alfredo, etc.
* Doc Green's, 10096 E. 13th St., 316-636-8997, and 2441 N. Maize Road, 316-558-8077: Parents who purchase a meal that costs $6.99 or more between 5 and 9 p.m. on Wednesdays qualify for one free kids menu meal. Kids can choose from turkey sandwiches, ham sandwiches, chicken fingers or healthier options such as chicken veggie lasagna and build-your-own salads with chicken.
* Granite City Food & Brewery, 2244 N. Webb Road, 316-636-5050, and 2661 N. Maize Road, 316-721-8500: Children 6 and under eat free with a paying adult at brunch. Then after 5 p.m. on Sundays, children 12 and under can get a free kid's meal with an adult meal purchase.
* Denny's, 40240 E. Harry, 316-683-8362; 5700 W. Kellogg, 316-942-9662; and 8030 E. Kellogg, 316-682-1008: Kids 10 and under eat from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily with the purchase of an adult meal.
Help us lengthen the list
Know of any other kids-eat-free deals? Lengthen our list by visiting kansas.com/dining and commenting on this story.
© 2011 Wichita Eagle and wire service sources. All Rights Reserved. http://www.kansas.com