Log Out | Member Center



Find records on disaster losses online

  • Published Monday, May 30, 2011, at 12:08 a.m.

Each Monday, The Eagle highlights a government record that is available to the public. Open records help citizens keep government in check and help them better understand how government affects their lives.

For a complete list of You Oughta Know columns, go to www.kansas.com/oughta.

The records: Information about losses to homes and commercial properties in Kansas due to storms and tornadoes.

Why you'd want them: To learn more about how bad weather affects the state.

Where you get the records: From the Kansas Insurance Department's website, www.ksinsurance.org/storms/index.php. You can find information about the number of insurance claims related to storms as well as the value of claims.

How much it will cost: The information is free.

— Deb Gruver

Subscribe to our newsletters

The Wichita Eagle welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views. Please see our commenting policy for more information.

Have a news tip? You can send it to wenews@wichitaeagle.com.

Search for a job


Top jobs