Print This Article The Wichita Eagle Back to web version
Tuesday, July 22, 2014

How to get help to keep your residence

The Wichita Eagle

People who are in imminent threat of becoming homeless can apply for federal stimulus housing aid dollars again.

Applicants have to have stable or consistent income that would allow them to maintain their residence even after the short-term financial help.

To apply, call 211 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. today or Wednesday.

Federal rules require that applicants meet income guidelines.

For a single person, that's less than $22,000 a year. For a family of four, it's less than $31,450.

The money can't help pay mortgages, but it can help cover relocation expenses for those facing foreclosure.

People who are homeless can also apply.

The aid comes through a partnership between the city, Catholic Charities Inc. and United Way of the Plains.

A first round of the funding helped 45 households, the city reported.

© 2010 Wichita Eagle and wire service sources. All Rights Reserved.