Log Out | Member Center



How to get help to keep your residence

  • The Wichita Eagle
  • Published Tuesday, March 30, 2010, at 12:04 a.m.

People who are in imminent threat of becoming homeless can apply for federal stimulus housing aid dollars again.

Applicants have to have stable or consistent income that would allow them to maintain their residence even after the short-term financial help.

To apply, call 211 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. today or Wednesday.

Federal rules require that applicants meet income guidelines.

For a single person, that's less than $22,000 a year. For a family of four, it's less than $31,450.

The money can't help pay mortgages, but it can help cover relocation expenses for those facing foreclosure.

People who are homeless can also apply.

The aid comes through a partnership between the city, Catholic Charities Inc. and United Way of the Plains.

A first round of the funding helped 45 households, the city reported.

Subscribe to our newsletters

The Wichita Eagle welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views. Please see our commenting policy for more information.

Have a news tip? You can send it to wenews@wichitaeagle.com.

Search for a job


Top jobs